Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Climbing Year

Jan 9th- First climbing trip of 2006. Pinnacles. I was sick up until
a day before so we weren't sure if we were going, and our first day
back in the gym last week revealed us to be weak and out of shape from
the holidays. Upshot was that we weren't sure we were going until the
day before. Then tghe day before we went out an ran 6 miles too fast
(not very fast, but for us, fast). Tired legs.

Jim always tries to keep pitch counts-i.e. how many pitches have we
done in a year, and he tries to get us up around 100. Last year I
think we broke that easily, as we got twentysomething on half dome (
Taska and I got 30-40 on our vacation in October but Jim doesn't get to
count those...) Anyway, I'm not sure that counting pitches is too
sensible, but I can at least do that:

Pinnacles 1/9 Elephant Rock 5.6 (J) and 10a (TR)
Smiling Simian 5.8 (VKJ) (Short but fun)
Even Coyotes Like it Doggie Style 10a (KJ)
(Good route, 5 bolts)
Dos Equus 5.8 (VKJ)
Twinkle Toes Traverse 5.7 (J)

6 pitches (I guess we count TRs) nice and easy intro to the year

No comments: